books Ive read this semester (so far)

  • The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
  • The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
  • Come In From The Cold by Marsha Qualey
  • Ten Cents A Dance by Christine Fletcher
  • Being by Kevin Brooks
  • A Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  • After by Amy Efaw
  • The Sweet Far Thing: book 3 of the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray
  • Rebel Angels: book 2 of the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty: book 1 of the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray
  • Copper Sun by Sharon M Draper
  • Leonardo's Shadow by Christopher Grey
  • The Apprentice's Masterpiece by Melanie Little
  • The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
  • Come In From The Cold by Marsha Qualey

Thursday, March 25, 2010

After


After by Amy Efaw is a story based on "dumpster babies," something that happens a lot in modern society and has happens many times in history where a young mother has a baby usually out of wedlock and leaves it in the garbage to die because she doesnt know what to do with it. This book was so interesting that I it in less than a day.
The girl in this story was in complete denial that she was even pregnant. It shows how one choice can change your entire life.
I thought the girl, Devon, had gone crazy. She had no memory of what happened.
Why would someone throw out their baby? Not realize it's alive and needs caring for?

At the end she remembers what happens. She wants to plead guilty because she realizes that she must take the consequences for her choice instead of continuing to hide it. I wonder what her final verdict was. Guilty or not guilty? Did she get to be a pro soccer player like she had dreamed before?
I want to know if there are other cases similar to this one.

1 comment:

  1. I have this on my reading list. I'm glad that you did not give the ending away. It does bring to the forefront many questions about teen-age pregnancy. Perhaps this will guide your I-Search paper.

    ReplyDelete